Friday, August 23, 2013

Upcoming 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge


Loon on Jordon Pond, watercolor and colored pencil on mi-teintes paper
6" x 6", unframed.


It's been a while since I posted here! Though I have at least two posts in the drafting stage!

I'm excited about the month of September for two reasons - First: My up-coming trip to the artist's "bucket list," Monhegan Island, 10 miles off the coat of Maine. The Wyeths painted/paint there, as did Rockwell Kent, Robert Henri, Edward Hopper, and a myriad of others. It would be difficult to talk about the history of American painting in the late 19th – early 20th centuries without including Monhegan Island.

The second reason I'm excited is because Leslie Saeta is having another 30/30 Challenge! I do like that it fits nicely with the beginning of my trip to Monhegan and all the creative, painting energies that will be coursing through my brain (and hopefully, my hands)!

So stay tuned! Much more will be happening here!